Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lost In Words part 7: Equals

“Explain.” Niall stood, staring stormily at Israel. He pointed to the door she’d left out of. “Explain why.”  Israel nodded.
“She’s been working on the myth of the…”
“I know that. I want to know why you didn’t tell her. What kind of friend does that?”
“A good one. This Octa, the people around him die when they get pulled into his chaos, and he does nothing. He could do so much, yet he doesn’t. Did you know that he was pegged to be the Death Bringer!? Did you know that Lord Vile, one of the most evil people to walk this earth was said to be the same!? So excuse me for wanting to spare an old friends life. Now, I need to go cook for the people I’m looking after.” And with that, he stomped off screen. Niall grunted, and walked to the spiral staircase that lead to the rooftop.
She was gripping the wrought iron balustrade fiercely, so tight that even from where he was he could see the white of her knuckles. Her auburn hair spiralled in the harsh winter wind, her scarf threatening to abandon her throat. He rubbed his arms, glad he was wearing a jumper, and walked slowly over to her. She didn’t react, but he knew she knew he was there. He leaned onto the railing next to her, and waited. And hoped that is wouldn’t break, it was a fair bit down. After a while, she turned to face him.
“I just can’t believe he didn’t tell me. I’ve known him for decades, fought beside each other countless times, and he didn’t tell me.” She turned so she was sitting beside him.
“He did say it was to protect you though. Which is completely fathomable. But then again, you’ve worked long and hard on the Last Eight Great Immortals, and one of them turns up on his doorstep. So it’s even more utterly understandable that you’re pissed at him. I mean, you don’t need to be protected, but who wouldn’t do all they could to protect someone they care about. Which he obviously does, perhaps…” he nudged her with his shoulder “Come on. I’m not saying you have to forgive him. But you want to find this Octaboona, and he’s our best bet at the moment. Plus, its bloody cold out here.” She smiled at him and shook her head.
“What?”
“You. I don’t know how you do it.”
“I know, some people do have trouble getting their heads around my greatness. But, um, any parts you having particular trouble comprehending?”
“How you always know the right words. Come on, let’s get you inside. I’d never forgive myself if you were ill due to me. I need someone to make me tea” she stood up. “Shall we?” She held out a hand. He clasped it tightly, finding her fingers cold as ice.
“The adventures only just begun?” he said with a smirk
"Oh no luv. I think it started the moment you met me."

4 comments:

  1. This is so Epica xD


    I loved it! You described him perfectly :D

    Thankyou so much for including him :)



    I have to say, I had only read your latest part until now (i've had things going on, sorry >.<) but I went back today and read the entire story- I'm amazed. It's wonderfully descriptive xD Keep it up!


    I can't wait to see how they find Octa in the next part- write fast :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins widely*

    Superb! Amazing! Love this story line!

    FANTASTIC VEN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG VENICE
    THIS IS AMAZING
    I LOVE IT!!
    I NEED MORE!!
    WHERE IS PART 8??

    ReplyDelete